SLOW COOKER FLANK STEAK FAJITAS
- 1 ½ lbs flank steak, preferably grass fed
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, preferably the low-sodium variety
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 – 5 bell peppers, any color
- 1 onion
Other fajita fixings:
- Whole-wheat tortillas, grated cheese, fresh sliced avocado, cilantro, lime slices, fresh spinach leaves, sour cream, hot peppers, etc.
- Mix together the dry spices with a fork including the chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Rub the spice mixture over all sides of the flank steak and place it in the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle the soy sauce on top.
- Top the flank steak with the diced jalapeno and minced garlic. Slice the bell peppers and onion and throw those on top of the steak as well.
- Turn the slow cooker onto HIGH and cook for 5 – 6 hours or until the steak can easily be shredded with two forks.
- Drain the meat and peppers well then serve with the recommended fajita “fixings” (listed above).